Lone Traveller Policy
Hotel Lone Traveller Policy
The Black Lion Hotel understands that every customer has different needs and we aim to make our hotel considerate of lone females travelling often far from home which can create anxiety and stress. The hotel operates a lone female guest awareness policy.
We recognize that some females travel alone, and it is important to make them feel safe during their stay in the hotel.
Here are a few of the safety measures we implement and adhere to:
- When allocating a single female a room, do not put lone females into rooms at the end of corridors or fire exits.
- Offer escort service from hotel to the car park, especially at night.
- Provide well lit, onsite parking, with internal CCTV where circumstances permit.
- Never read out a female’s room number when checking in, just point to the room number on the registration card.
- Never give out a lone females name or room number
- Bedside lighting controls as standard in all rooms
- Same sex room service provided on request
We endeavour to implement this policy on every occasion: however, this is subject to availability at the time of booking, force majeure and of the guest informing the Black Lion Hotel that they wish this policy to be applied.